Friday, December 27, 2013

2014 Home Goals: Simplifying and Proper Storage


Some easier, simpler sections coming up here, the first of which are my two home goals for 2014.

Last year, I organized our life.  We took over ten boxes to the Goodwill and threw out countless trash bags of useless un-recyclables. This year, I want to Simplify our home.  This is incredibly similar to organizing, but it means actually going through all of the important annotated memory boxes and throwing out things that I really don't need to keep.  I would like to half our large storage closet, remove multiple damaged pots and pans from the kitchen, simplify sabbat decorations and go through what's left of our bathroom supplies under the cabinet.  I don't want to keep anything we don't absolutely need.

In conjunction with that, I'd like to switch to a more permanent storage system by Swapping all Storage Cardboard Boxes for Tupperware. I began doing this last year with sabbat decorations and it makes life so much easier.  Boxes fall apart, get moldy and can even color older paper.  Tupperware is the best way to go for storage.  You can see everything in it, you can clearly mark it and it's a lot more archival.

The best part?  These two goals can be done at the same time!  In order to accomplish these, I've created a schedule for getting them done.


It might seem a little all-over-the-place, but there's a method to my madness.  I'd like to start with the kitchen since I got Aaron brand new pots and pans for Christmas.  That gives them a place to go and takes care of the most used area.  Then, I'd like to jump back to the storage closet where the bulk of the mess is and get it out of the way.  The spiritual room's closet is the second messiest, so I plan on tackling that next.  The rest of it is just smooth sailing, and some of it requires no Tupperware swap.

So let's plug these goals into my goal chart!


And, while we're at it, let me put up the monthly goal template for Home.

HOME - 0% Complete
Swap storage cardboard for Tupperware in _________. – 0% complete.
Simplify _________. – 0% complete.

Some notes:  None.

Halfway there!

Next time on The Progressive Planner:
My 2014 Knowledge Goals

Question for my readers:
What are your 2014 home goals?

2 comments:

  1. I started going through our stuff and getting rid of things earlier this year. We had boxes in our storage closet that we hadn't touched since we moved into this apartment 8 months ago and some of the things we're able to sell. No sense in keeping stuff you aren't going to use. My goal for 2014 is to get my husband to help me sort through his stuff...clothes that don't fit him, clothes that have been sitting in a HUGE box for about a year, all the computer parts/technological stuff that has been sitting in boxes in the closet by his desk. Getting him to help me will be the hard part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I feel the same way about Aaron. Once we get started, it goes pretty smoothly, but trying to get Aaron to help me start it in the first place is a completely different story. Sometimes just getting him to take a break for budget night is like pulling teeth. Not this year! I will drag his rear to the budget conversation if it's the last thing I do! Bwahahaha.

      Delete