Sunday, December 29, 2013

2014 Personal Goals: No More Repeats!


Last year, a lot of my personal goals were actually repeats from other sections.  I didn't have anything I really wanted to do for myself.  This year, I'm trying to change that.

My first personal goal for 2014 is to Begin a Balcony and Indoor Garden.  I've already kind of begun.  Currently, my indoor garden houses green onions, mint and aloe.  But that's just the tip of the iceberg! I want to try my hand at basil, bay, sage, cucumber, carrots, leaf lettuce, tomato, spinach, blueberries, a citrus tree (lemon?) and garlic.  Phew!  That's a lot of stuff!  Things like basil, bay and sage can all be indoors, so I can start those at any time next year.  However, everything else has to be outdoors.  I really cannot wait to do this!

In order to get this started, I need to begin researching when to plant which items, how long they're in season and how long it takes for them to grow.  By doing this, I can determine how many plants I should try for in which months and come up with a suitable table that will help me achieve this.  I'm bound to flop on a few plants.  Some may never get started while others may never come to fruition. That's okay!  The point is trying.  It might save me some money or it may not, but it'll definitely be enjoyable and a stress reliever!

My second goal comes from something I bought last year during my weight loss journey.  In 2014, I would like to Complete a Wreck This Journal.  These things are so neat!  They bring out the child in you with goals such as "Take this book with you in the shower" or "Wipe this page on a dirty car."  I'll need to select which Wreck This I'll be attempting and divide the pages up over each month to determine how many pages I should do a month to complete it.  I'll even post pictures along the way!  I'm terribly excited to get this started as well.

So plugging that in to my goal table:


And again with my monthly goal template:

PERSONAL - 0% Complete
Add X new plants to my garden. – 0% complete.
Complete X pages of my Wreck This Journal. – 0% complete.

Some notes:  None.

And so it begins!

Next time on The Progressive Planner:
My 2014 Relationship Goals.

Question for my readers:
What are your 2014 personal goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment