Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014 Spiritual Goals: Becoming More Active


In 2013, my two spiritual goals were to volunteer and meditate.  While I now actively volunteer at least once a week, my meditation goal kind of went out the window with my whole autoimmune eye thing.  Jumping right into it, my first goal for 2014 is obviously to begin Meditating again.  I'd like to do so twice a month to start, then slowly up it as I get into the habit.

Both of my last two spiritual goals involve becoming more publicly active with my religion.  The first is to Attend Six (out of eight) Public Lushede Grove Sabbat Rituals.  This gives me a little wiggle room from attending all eight.  I couldn't make it to the Yule one this month because it iced and snowed five inches that night.  If I put the stipulation of all eight, I would sink myself before I started!

The second of those two is to Attend Four Coffee Covens, which is 1/3rd of them since they're held every third Tuesday of the month.  I keep meaning to go.  I put it on my calender every month.  Then I fail miserably.  Maybe it's because I have a bit of social anxiety, or because I don't really know anyone there, but I really need to get outside of my comfort zone and just do it.

Simple.  To the point.  Those are my spiritual goals!

So let's put together the FINAL GOAL CHART:


And the last section of my monthly goal template!

SPIRITUAL - 0% Complete
Meditate twice this month. – 0/2 Times – 0% complete.
Attend one sabbat ritual by Lushede Grove (if applicable). – Done | Not Done – 0% complete.
Attend one Coffee Coven (if applicable). – Done | Not Done – 0% complete.

Some notes:  None.

And there you have it!  The compilation of my 2014 goals.  

Next time on The Progressive Planner:
Picking Out my Planner & My "Big Three" Goals

Question for my readers:
What are your 2014 spiritual goals?

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea what the Coffee Covens is, but if it's open to all, I'd be willing to go with to lessen the anxiety some.

    I use the meditations in my yoga app currently. I love the music being used, and hopefully I'm better about it myself this year.

    ~Sierra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's actually a Coffee Coven for each corner of KC. It's pagans getting together at either Denny's or Panera and chatting for thirty minutes to an hour. The one in my neck of the woods is Liberty Coffee Coven at the Panera off of Church Road, but they also have a few more out towards you - Independence Coffee Coven is on the 7th at the Panera off of Highway 40 and Kansas Coffee Coven is at the Denny's off of Frontage Rd in Mission, KS on the 8th. Liberty's isn't until the 21st, but I'd be more than happy to see you there!

      Delete