Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Planner and My Big Three

Courtesy of Blue Sky, this is my planner for 2014.  As you may or may not be able to tell, my favorite color is pink.  However, this leans on the "OMFG PRETTY PRINCESS PINK" that, if you recall from last year, I don't really prefer.  It may not be quite as pretty to look at as my 2013 planner, but I love the inner set up!  And who knows; maybe I'll run into another planner I like and switch out.  That's the great thing about planners.  Heck, I might even go back to Orange Circle Studio, the makers of my first planner.  They have a Flower Patch 2014 Do It All that looks pretty sweet.  I even like their Secret Garden one.


Unfortunately, neither Blue Sky or Orange Circle Studio has a planner that has the alternating shaded sections for each day.  Boy, I'm going to miss that.  My eyes tend to run everything together.  What I like about the new planner though is how big it is, at a whopping 8x5.9".  My handwriting is pretty sizable, what with writing in all caps and drawing caricatures on 11x17" paper, I don't typically write on small things.  So that's definitely a bonus.

I've already began plugging items into my calendar.  The months are getting pretty full, which can be overwhelming.  There's always that tiny voice inside my head saying, "You can't do this.  Are you crazy?" If I can't accomplish all of my goals, I don't want to feel like I wasted my year.  So, as with last year, it's time to pick out my "Big Three" goals, the three goals that would make me soar above the clouds if I could just get them done.


  1. Lose 15 pounds.
  2. Pay off 1/4th of Aaron's student loans.
  3. Maintain a balcony and indoor garden.
So how did I determine my big three for this year?  Well, first, I picked one goal from the two lowest sections: Health (Lose 15 Pounds) and Finances (Pay of Aaron's Loans).  I only picked one from each section so I couldn't push myself into having "Lose 15 Pounds" on there twice, or paying off Aaron's loans AND creating a savings.  It feels like I'm jinxing myself should something happen.

For the last goal, I nabbed it straight out of my personal section.  Last year, nearly all of my personal goals were just repeats of other sections.  This year, I want one of my Big Three to be something fun just for me.

And, overall, these three are relatively important and fairly interlinked.  If I maintain a home garden, I'm more apt to lose 15 pounds and I'll save some money which may contribute to Aaron's loans.  It sounds like a good plan to me.

Finally, before I post my very first goal list for the month, let's take one final look back at my goal chart:


Something about this doesn't seem appropriate: It still has little reminiscences of 2013 attached to it.  Let's clear that away.


There we go.  Much better.  Onward to 2014!

Oh, and
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment