Thursday, March 13, 2014

Life Update Sunday, er, Thursday (v 3.13.14)



It has been forever since I've updated!  At least, outside the realm of health, anyway.  I have a ton of pictures of the pets to share, including a video, and some life updates.



However, before we get to that, I do want to touch on my health for just a moment.  I did get my ultrasound of my gallbladder back and it came out normal.  Sounds like nothing looks enlarged or inflamed, and I don't have any stones.  My blood work also came out normal.  Clear tests are a great relief, but they also feel like a smack in the face - so what the heck is wrong?  My EGD and colonoscopy appointment for the 26th still stands.  I'm not exactly looking forward to it, but on the bright side, I'll be really well cleaned out.


The first week in March was probably the worst part of whatever's going on with me.  I was absolutely exhausted all the time.  Dehydration and blood loss were giving me headaches, nausea and some crazy comas.

During that time, I temporarily resigned from my volunteer jobs.  I'm still on for TARA as an emergency volunteer.  I did sign up for ESFOA's adoption event on the 1st despite feeling poor, but had to cancel when I got a last minute gig.  I got the e-mail for this week's volunteer date, but I'm not going to sign up for it.  I think I need a few weeks off from volunteering so I can recuperate.




Tuesday of last week marked things getting a bit better.  I finally felt good enough to call for an eye exam so I could get contacts.  This would be my first pair of new contacts since my 2013 autoimmune scleritis incident.  Not only were they able to get me in same day, but I was able to get an all-clear from another eye doctor on my scleritis and walk out with new contacts!  I swung back by our complex, picked up Charli and we celebrated with some Headrush coffee.  One health problem conquered.  Just a few more to go!


Artie got his groom on a few weeks ago and he feels so much better!  We booked him to get groomed when the weather warmed up, then we were suddenly hit with a last-minute cold front.  Poor little guy.  Left him cold.  I'm glad he knows how to curl up into blankets on his own.


We also had a freak day where it was 70 in the afternoon, and ended in freezing rain.  Apparently, Apollo had never experienced rain hitting the sliding glass door.  Hilarity ensued. 


I am feeling better today, though it likely comes from sleeping for 24 hours straight.  I only got up for dinner around 6 pm, because bacon, but I quickly went right back to bed afterward.  I officially woke up at 11pm last night and have been on an impressive roll ever since.  I cleaned the apartment from top to bottom, walked the dog two miles, and took my LEARN lecture on paganism and Wicca from 10% to 80% complete.

Speaking of which, that's still happening on the 19th.  It's a closed lecture, but I'll let you all know how it goes!

I even found time to sit outside and watch the sun rise this morning.  Of course, not without an audience...




Next week is going to be hectic!  Really, everything starting Saturday is going to be crazy.  Saturday is the Liithi Lushede Coven public Ostara ritual, Sunday's the Pagan Garage Sale at Aquarius, I'm covering for a volunteer on Monday, Coffee Coven Tuesday night, my LEARN lecture on Wednesday morning, then my new Circle's Ostara ritual on Thursday.  There's not a single day next week that I have any down time once you factor in work.

This is his "Take me outside, pleeeaaassseee?" face.
This is "Take me outside, damn you" face.
Tonight is Mystic Treasure's Vision Board class.  I think I may have to pass.  I've been up since 11pm last night, so I highly doubt I'll still be with it at 7pm.  I really wanted to go though.  I guess I'll have to see how I am.


And with that, I think I need to get back to finishing off my LEARN lecture and working on commissions.

Though I think I might make some bacon first.  Mmm, bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment