Friday, March 1, 2013

Final February Check-In.




FEBRUARY 2013 GOALS

CAREER -128% Complete!
Hit target number of monthly illustrations. - 160% complete.
Number illustrations completed - 150% complete.
Make target income for the month. - 177% complete.
Draw one illustration for myself. - 25% complete.

The Good: I really went to town when it came to work this month.  I came so close to flat-out doubling my target income.  So much work done.  So much.  Also, you might notice that I was commissioned for 160% of my target number of illustrations but only finished 150%.  That's okay!  The due date for the last illustration actually spans into March.  So it's not even supposed to be done yet.

The Struggles: I had precisely zero free time this month.  All of my other sections will definitely suffer because of it.  I didn't even get another chance to work on the drawing I was doing earlier.  I'm hoping to cram that into this weekend.

So why did I work so hard?  See below.


--------


FINANCIAL - 100% Complete.

Make target income for the month. - 177% complete.
Keep budget. - 100% complete.

The Good: I really busted my rear for my income this month.

The Struggles: I had a lot of unanticipated expenses this month.  Somehow, I totally forgot to budget in my the expenses for my web hosting as well as my dog's teeth cleaning.  He's never had one before, but his teeth had black spots on them so it was time.  He probably won't need one for another couple years, so we're safe there.  I just... forgot.  I'm not sure how.  Unfortunately, both were triple digits.  On top of that, my doctor's office misquoted me for my thyroid lab, so I paid twice what I'd budgeted.  They outsource their labs, so I couldn't even really argue about it.  Add in date night with my husband which I paid for and taking a friend out for sushi in exchange for dyeing my hair and... ugh.  I pretty much have no spare money.  My husband soaked up my spare money from last month, so I'm not really seeing a chance for a few days off any time in the near future.  Add that with the burn out from above and you'll see the amount of frustration I'm experiencing right now.

Money could fall from the sky any time now and I wouldn't complain.


--------


HEALTH - 102% Complete!

Continue taking thyroid meds. - 100% complete.
Get my blood work done the week of the 11th. - 100% complete.
Lose 3 pounds by drinking 8 glasses of water and eating a piece of fruit every day. - 107% complete.

The Good: I weighed in at 165.2, which is 3.2 pounds less than I weighed at the beginning of the month.

The Bad:  It's unfortunate that I didn't get to see 164 again this month, but I'm not behind by any means.  I needed that cheat week too with all the work stress.  Also, my thyroid lab costs double what I was quoted and I'll need it again in less than three months.  Not looking forward to that.


--------


HOME - 100% Complete!
Organize the office. - 100% complete.

The Good: It's done.

The Bad: It probably needs another good general pick up.  It's a bit messy right now, but it is indeed organized!



--------


KNOWLEDGE - 83% Complete. Ick.

Continue taking thyroid meds. - 100% complete.
Continue taking supplements. - 100% complete.
Continue daily mental exercises. - 50% complete.
Read one book. - 100% complete.
Read January's book. - 65% complete.

The Good: Um... I finished my book for this month?  Sure.  I'll put that as a positive.

The Bad: I am terribly behind . I really didn't touch mental exercises or last month's book this month.  It's been frustrating, but I've had zero time thanks to work and the extra expenses.


--------


PERSONAL - 66% Complete.  Even more ick.

Continue taking thyroid meds. - 100% complete.
Meditate once a week. - 0% complete.
Draw one illustration for myself. - 25% complete.
Lose 3 pounds by drinking 8 glasses of water and eating a piece of fruit every day. - 107% complete.
Adhere to my planner schedule. - 100% complete.



No notes here, as most of these come from other sections.


--------


RELATIONSHIP - 100% Complete!
Do one date night. - 100% complete.

The Good: Aaron and I went to see Mama this month.  It was during my cheat week, so we nabbed pop and popcorn as well.  We were the only ones in the movie theater, so we were totally comfortable.  It was a ton of fun.

The Bad: Looking back at my expenses this month, I don't know that I could afford this date night.  I paid for it because Aaron overspent last month.  Fortunately, he caught up this month, so now it's back to being his expense.


--------


SPIRITUAL - 50% Complete.  UGH!

Meditate once a week. - 0% complete.
Begin researching volunteer options in Kansas City. - 100% complete.


The Good: Not only did I research volunteer options, but I'm volunteering for the first time this Saturday.  I now work with a local pet shelter helping at their adoption events at an even-more-local pet supply shop.  I'm very excited.

The Bad: I flat-out did not meditate this month.  I can't even imagine having time to do so.

--------


OVER ALL FOR FEBRUARY: 91% Complete.

Biggest success so far? Like last month, I was an illustrating machine yet again.  I wish I could say I should cut back, but we would have dug into our budget had I not.  Hopefully I can span everything out a bit more in the upcoming months.

What I need to work on the most? Personal and spiritual goals.  Meditation and book reading, specifically.  I just push these out of the way immediately when I don't have time.

What I'm the most worried about? Money.  I would like a day off and I'm just not seeing it in the near future.  This upcoming month brings even more expenses that I was expecting, but not quite this soon.  I fully expect to be a bit behind actually by the end of the month.  We'll see how it goes.  I may have to be a workaholic again to cover it all.  On the bright side, by the end of the year, I might actually be able to take a month off at this rate.

What am I the least worried about? Date night.  It seems to always work out and we always have a lot of fun.  And this time, Aaron can pay for it.  Booyah,


--------




Check List for March
  1. Finish February's personal illustration.
  2. Sketch out thumbnails for my personal illustrations.
  3. Sit down with my husband and our bank accounts to reconfigure our budget on Friday.
  4. Do taxes on Friday.
  5. Divide March's home organization goal of the office closet into four smaller chores for each week.
  6. Set a solid baseline for my daily exercise goals on Friday.
  7. Update MDartist and get it functional again.
  8. Be 162.2 by the end of March.
  9. Yearly doc appointment on the last week of March.
  10. Select a new book to read.
  11. Finish January's book (ugh!).
  12. Add a variety of mental exercises that don't take much time so I can catch up.
  13. Meditate twice in March (lowered for a better chance of actually getting it completed).
  14. Plan out March date night.
  15. Volunteer twice next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment