Monday, September 16, 2013

September: Week 2 Check-In



SEPTEMBER 2013 GOALS
Month is currently 50% over.
Overall: 34% complete.

CAREER - 16% Complete
Hit target number of monthly illustrations. - 0% complete.
Number illustrations completed - 0% complete.
Make target income for the month. - 48% complete.
Some notes:  I start back at my character design job today.  On top of that, I have three - three - caricature events this weekend and have been asked to join another local agency.  Yes please!  So, despite how the numbers seem in this area, things are going incredibly well.  I can't be more thankful that everything with my job worked out in a way that I could move and take time off without hurting our finances.  To be honest, I've also been having some health issues - because of dust while moving, I developed a corneal ulcer.  Both doctors I've seen have told me to avoid the computer too much.  So, you know, there's that.

FINANCIAL - 58% Complete
Make target income for the month. - 48% complete.
Keep budget. - 25% complete.
Buy a new mattress, pillows and bedding. - 100% complete.
Some notes: Kept budget for a week!  I did spend some significant money on our housewarming party - mostly for food.  On the day back from Michigan, Aaron lost his debit card and everything has been financially on my shoulders.  It should come in tomorrow.  I can't wait for him to be able to pay for things again.  Also, we finally bought a new mattress!  That's super exciting!  I think I'm going to add that in, since that was a major financial goal this year.

HEALTH - 17% Complete
Continue taking thyroid meds. - 50% complete.
Lose 10 pounds to get back to where I was. - 0% complete.
Begin training for a 5k and be able to run one mile without stopping. - 0% complete.
Some notes: I managed the diet for a whole three days and then the housewarming party hit.  We had a lot of leftover pizza and sweets, so indulged for days simply to avoid buying more food.  I want so badly to be back on the diet and exercising properly, but things just aren't working out that way.  I've never been so far off the bandwagon since I started trying to lose weight.

HOME - 33% Complete
Notify places of our new address. - 100% complete.
Give keys back to landlord. - 0% complete.
Reorganize final storage closet. - 0% complete.
Some notes: Still trying to get on top of everything here.



KNOWLEDGE - 44% Complete
Continue taking thyroid meds. - 50% complete.
Continue taking supplements. - 50% complete.
Continue daily mental exercises. - 50% complete.
Read one book. - 25% complete.
Some notes:  I was gifted a book I wanted off of my wishlist, so that's my book to read for this month.  I'm super stoked!

PERSONAL - 29% Complete
Continue taking thyroid meds. - 50% complete.
Meditate three times. - 66% complete.
Lose 10 pounds to get back to where I was. - 0% complete.
Adhere to my planner schedule. - 0% complete.

RELATIONSHIP - 0% Complete
Do one date night. - 0% complete.
Some notes: This hasn't happened yet.  Still need to decide on something to do.

SPIRITUAL - 72% Complete
Meditate three times. - 66% complete.
Volunteer for T.A.R.A. for 8 hours this month. - 75% complete.
Volunteer for ESFOA for 2 hours this month. - 0% complete.
Coordinate the COT Autumn Equinox event. - 75% complete.
Some notes: Things are going surprisingly well on this front!  Unfortunately, I have to take ESFOA off of my list for this month.  Their adoption events are always on Saturdays and my caricature events land exactly when I'd be volunteering.  With the caricature portion of my job really taking off, I can't afford to turn down gigs right now.  Plus, why would I want to?
---


Check List for September
  1. Correct my income shortcomings from last month.
  2. Be 153.4 by the end of September.
  3. Finish all moving-related items.
  4. Choose a book to read.
  5. Decide on a date night this month.
  6. Volunteer for 10 hours this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment