Monday, February 3, 2014

Life Update Sunday, er Monday, (v. 2.3.14)


I apologize for this coming late.  I haven't been feeling the greatest since yesterday evening.  I'm thinking I overdid the gluten yesterday afternoon and I'm paying for it.  Stabbing stomach pains and dizziness, among other things you really don't want to hear about.  I spent most of the morning sleeping on the floor of the bathroom.


Loyalty is a dog that stays with you despite his fear of being closed in the bathroom.  Usually, when Artie's in the bathroom, even with someone, he shakes.  This comes from when he had an allergic reaction to a medication and, again, with his weird stomach thing the other week. Having to lock him in the bathroom has scarred him for life from liking that room.  Yet, when I had to sleep on the floor for fear of making a bigger mess in the bedroom, he stayed with me, without shaking or whining, to keep me company.  I typically hate cuddling or being touched while nauseated but honestly, his warm fuzziness was good for my irritated stomach.



Zeus ended up in surgery on Tuesday for his cracked tooth.  Poor guy.  They took the root out, but apparently there was something already wrong with the tooth to begin with.  They checked him for periodontal disease, but the rest of his teeth are clean.  So now my Zeusy is missing his bottom right canine.  You can't really tell, but if he opens his mouth, it's kind of strange.

Bringing him home on Wednesday was an absolute disaster.  Apparently, Zeus refused to use the litter box at the vet, so the minute he got into "safe territory" (ie the crate) he wet himself.  I was told I couldn't bathe him because he had dissolving stitches in his jaw.  Because Aaron was working late, I was completely by myself on trying to give him a sponge bath.  After many scratches and two hours, I still couldn't get the smell off of him.  Once Aaron got home, we ended up bathing him anyway.  The stitches are safe (we kept his head well away from the water) and everything is fine.  He's just so damn stubborn.  He likes baths, but hates sponge baths and I was trying to give him one one-handed and stressed out.  What a mess.

They also gave him a liquid antibiotic in replacement of pills since he's hard impossible to pill.  Yes, try shoving a foul-tasting liquid down the throat of a cat who doesn't like to be force-fed anything.  I would have rather had a pill at that point.  Ugh.


Lil Bits (Apollo) learned a new bad habit this week...  Yes, that's exactly what you think it is.  I don't know why he has this sudden obsession with water.  We gave him a bowl in the bathtub to play with, which has helped a bit.  I moved the primary water bowl to the kitchen so it's on tile but, being a galley-style kitchen, it's kind of in the way.  I'm going to have to get a rubber mat for his new little trick.

Also, I have video.







On the bright side, the rest of the week was fairly uneventful.  I mostly worked myself into the ground.  With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I'm booked up to my eyeballs in commissions - because nothing says "I love you" like "Hey Honey, look at your monstrous nose!" Nonetheless, it's kept me busy.



Apparently, this week was also "Sleep on Mom While She Naps Week."  I missed the memo.


Finally, I celebrated one of my religion's holidays, February Eve, this weekend with our local Lushede Grove.  I took some pictures which should be posted over at Witchy Words sometime in the next few days!


And with that, I need to do a grocery run before the predicted 6-10 inches of snow comes in.  Catch you later!

2 comments:

  1. Yuck @ the snow! Your fur babies wuv you, the picture of them sleeping on you is precious! Apollo looks like he wants to go swimming in your video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually seriously considered getting them one of those swimming fish toys until he kept splashing water everywhere for hours. His habit broke in about three days after we placed the water bowl in the tub. Now he doesn't do it at all. Apollo's never had anything but a side-spray shower in the kitchen sink, so I'd love to see how he takes to water. We're about due to bathe all the cats anyway.

      Delete