Sunday, February 23, 2014

Life Update Sunday (v. 2.23.14)


This week, my thyroid has been a douchebag.  I've been sleeping upwards of 14-16 hours a night and still feeling the need to crash mid-day. I've started adding exercise back into the equation, but nothing's worked so far.  On Monday, I went over to Sara's for a crafting day only to fall asleep on her couch.  And on Tuesday, I fully intended to go to Coffee Coven (since I needed some feedback on a project), but slept right through it.  I woke up over three hours past when it ended only to find out I completely missed it.  I have some new interesting symptoms I'm sure you'd rather not hear about, so it sounds like I'll be making a doctor's appointment for tomorrow.  Not looking forward to that.

He pretty much always sleeps like this now.
Other than that, I do have some good news!  I've been asked by LEARN Home Education Network to give a 25 minute presentation on my religion to a World Religion class.  I've tentatively selected March 19th, but I haven't heard anything back as of just yet.  I plan on working up some rough plans this weekend and fleshing it out over the week.  I'm particularly thrilled to have the March 19th date because I can run the presentation notes by the Liberty Coffee Coven and get their input.  It would be the night before, so I wouldn't be able to make drastic changes, but it's always helpful.

That's actually why I wanted to go to the Coffee Coven this past Tuesday - so I could get input on things to include.  Now I'm just going to have to wing it.  Not that I'm not used to talking about my religion anyway.


In addition, I've been fleshing out a new Circle with Sierra, Charli and Jessica (with guest member Tony at this point, but it sounds like we'll have a decent sum of guest members as the year floats on).  Not that I haven't enjoyed my previous circles, but I'm anticipating the responsibilities to be much more evenly divided on this one.  Each of the four main members will be taking lead on two rituals each year - including writing, hosting, leading and financing.  We also have membership roles, such as maintaining the Facebook group and events or keeping inventory or even maintaining the ritual book.  All of these things I usually did on my own.  It's such a relief!  I really, truly like the direction that this group is taking and can see this as a long-term thing.

I know I talk about my religion quite often, but it's very important to me.  Particularly in terms of transparency.  I'm never trying to be all in-your-face pagan, but I thoroughly believe that I should be able to speak freely of my beliefs without fear or guilt, particularly on my own corners of the universe (like this blog).  I think it symbolizes a dawn of a new era for pagans when my generation can do that.  Honestly, my coming out of the broom closet some time ago was well received by my friends and family.  Overall, it's been a truly positive experience.

Beyond all of that, not much has happened this week.  I've been plugging away at commissions and still trying to catch up from my cold.  I volunteered twice this week for TARA as usual - we have new kittens that are absolutely adorable!  They're all black and about the age of Apollo, but don't look anything like him in face or body structure so I don't think they're siblings.  That's always been a thought in the back of my head because I personally saw that he had a mother and three siblings, and I will probably always wonder if they all made it out okay.  As it stands, Apollo is safe, happy and healthy.  As are all of our pets, which is definitely an improvement from last week.

And with that, Aaron and I need to finish our taxes and get the apartment clean.  I hope everyone is well and has a fantastic end of February!

2 comments:

  1. The idea of Vitamin D deficiency popped in my head this morning. I'm wondering if that could be a culprit of your lethargy? Hope you and your doctor figure this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had extensive blood work recently, so I feel like that might have popped up then. However, I definitely appreciate it, and it could have definitely been a factor. It turns out it might be something a little more serious based on the other symptoms I didn't want to talk about in the journal. Hopefully I'll know more within the next couple of weeks. I have some additional testing I have to go through.

      Delete