Sunday, February 9, 2014

Life Update Sunday (v. 2.9.14)


Only two real events to report this week.  It's been a slow week, and with reason.

On Tuesday, we received 15 inches of snow.  It was absolutely crazy!  And the wind was even worse.  This drift outside came up to my waist:


And the icicle aftermath?


For reference, I'm 5'3".  How crazy!

The pets enjoyed the massive snowfall in various ways - mostly by attempting to attack it through our sliding doors.  After Apollo rammed head-first into the glass (seriously not a bright cat), we decided to bring some of the snow in to them.



It was immediately clear that our oldest, Zeus, was comfortable with snow.  That makes sense as, when we picked him up, he'd been a garbage-can-and-sewer stray for three years.  His first inclination?  Snow's water.  Eat the snow!


Our middle cat, Hermes, wanted nothing to do with the snow at first because he's terrified of everything wet.  He left it alone for the better part.  However, this was our kitten Apollo's first encounter with snow.  It both intrigued him and terrified him all at the same time.




As Apollo began shoveling balls of snow out of the pan, Hermes found them amusing.


And Artie got in on the clean up process.


Snow summed up the front half of the week.  Illness the other half.  Turns out, I also picked up a cold from the public Imbolc ritual.  Mostly, it was a stuffy nose.  Now it's a cough.  No bueno.  Aaron picked it up as of last night and ended up hurling, so it's definitely something interesting.  No two bodies react the same, huh.


Also, as a note, I did get the Imbolc ritual photos posted up over at Witchy Words.  Check them out here!

Because of the snow and illness, I really haven't had a chance to do much of anything this week.  Not to mention, when I'm sick, about the only thing that sustains me is greasy, sugary foods.  So I've been way off my game.  That's why there's been no check-in.  I've barely had the energy to move, let alone manage my goals.

I've already been sick twice this year.  Three times if you count my bout of a stomach thing earlier this week.  My immune system needs to stop dragging its feet.  I'd like some help here, body!

And with that, I'll leave you with a couple more pictures of my pets.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment