Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Final April Check-In




Well, some things happened and other things didn't.  Let's give it a shot.

APRIL 2013 GOALS
Month is currently 100% over.
Overall: 107% complete.


CAREER - 126% Complete!
Hit target number of monthly illustrations. - 143% complete.
Number of illustrations completed - 143% complete.
Make target income for the month. - 167% complete.
Draw one illustration for myself. - 100% complete.
Finish February's illustration. - 75% complete.

The Good: Always seeing over 100% in this category makes me incredibly giddy.  I'm always drawing, always collecting the dough.

The Struggles: I think it's official: I am a severe workaholic.  I took a week off in April and didn't even see the effects of it.  Even if I hadn't had some gigs, I would have still made over 100%.  So now, I'm taking a couple weeks off.  I want to get back into exercising.  I want to get a bit more spiritual.  I want to get some me time in.  There's no coming back from a couple weeks, so I literally can't overwork myself.

--------

FINANCIAL - 100% Complete! 

Make target income for the month. - 100% complete.
Keep budget. - 100% complete.

The Good: Honestly, nothing really to say here.  We kept the budget. I made more than my target income.  Nothing really interesting to report.

The Struggles:  See above.

--------

HEALTH - 50% Complete

Continue taking thyroid meds. - 100% complete.
Lose 4 pounds with short daily exercises and walking one mile a week. - 0% complete.

The Good: I uh, took my meds?

The Struggles:  If I felt comfortable cursing on this blog, that's what this part would be filled with.  So, for one, I was on the diet all month and freaking NOTHING.  Then, to make matters worse, I went out of town this weekend and ate out a lot (family event, very, very little choice when the MIL keeps saying "I'll pay.").  So I weighed myself this morning and... we're just not even going to talk about it.  I took a giant step backwards.  If I could put a negative up there, it would be terrible.  Absolutely freaking terrible.  All because I ate out for one weekend.  ONE WEEKEND.

I really, really, really, REALLY HATE HAVING HYPOTHYROIDISM.

Alright, enough with the italics and caps.

--------

HOME - 100% Complete

Organize the den closet. - 100% complete.
Organize the entrance closet. - 100% complete.


The Good: It's all done! Both closest fully cleaned out.

The Struggles:  I struggled to get Aaron motivated for the den closet, but he completely made up for it by doing the entrance closet all by himself.  That's why I don't have a before and after photo.  I didn't even touch the closet.  He did it all.  Super proud of my husband.

--------

KNOWLEDGE - 100% Complete

Continue taking thyroid meds. - 100% complete.
Continue taking supplements. - 100% complete.
Continue daily mental exercises. - 100% complete.
Read one book. - 100% complete.

The Good: 
Everything was a-okay here. Nothing to really report.

The Struggles:  See above.

--------

PERSONAL - 80% Complete

Continue taking thyroid meds. - 100% complete.
Meditate three times in April. - 100% complete.
Draw one illustration for myself. - 100% complete.
Lose 4 pounds with short daily exercises and walking one mile a week. - 0% complete.
Adhere to my planner schedule. - 100% complete.

No notes here, as most of these come from other sections.

--------

RELATIONSHIP - 200% Complete
Do one date night. - 200% complete.

The Good:
We got two date-nights in this month.  Of course the first one was camping.  Technically, the second date night extended into May, but I'm counting it as April since I'm just now updating.  We went up to watch his sister graduate about three states away.  We had a hotel room though and I couldn't even touch work.  It was definitely a vacation in my mind.

The Struggles:  Nothing to report.

--------

SPIRITUAL - 100% Complete

Meditate three times in April. - 100% complete.
Volunteer for the local pet shelter once this month. - 100% complete.


The Good: Everything went smooth here.

The Struggles:  I wish I could say that I volunteered twice this month, but a gig got in the way.  My sister-in-law's graduation overtook a volunteer day for this month, but I also have something new on my plate.  We'll get there in a moment.

--------



OVER ALL FOR APRIL: 107% Complete.

Biggest success so far? That I'm a workaholic?  Is that a success?  I need to curb my working a bit.

What I need to work on the most? Weight loss. Here's the problem with this month: all the girls officially backed out of workout nights.  I actually gained a new workout day with a friend of mine, but I lost Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.  And that's probably why I'm struggling with my weight.  Nothing worked like working out.  Fortunately, I have that problem solved this month.

What I'm the most worried about? Weight loss.  Though I may have that solved, as I said.

What am I the least worried about? Volunteering.  I've gained a whole new volunteering job on top of my original, so things are going great!


Note: I'm moving next month's checklist to the next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment