Monday, May 27, 2013

May: Week 4 Check-In



MAY 2013 GOALS
Month is currently 87% over.
Overall: 100% complete

CAREER - 164% Complete
Hit target number of monthly illustrations. - 50% complete.
Number illustrations completed - 50% complete.
Make target income for the month. - 55% complete.
Draw one illustration for myself. - 500% complete
Some notes: So I scaled the illustrations back to 500%.  I'm also still counting it as 100% in Personal.  That should help level some things out.  I need to get caught up on work pretty badly, so that'll be my focus this week.  I honestly don't think I'm going to make any more money considering that I'll be going out of town at the end of this week.

FINANCIAL - 72% Complete
Make target income for the month. - 55% complete.
Keep budget. - 87% complete.
Switch/Reduce Car Insurance - 75% complete.
Some notes: Aaron finally produced a few quotes on car insurance.  We do have some leads, but we've found that we'd much rather switch at the end of our contract.  That means we won't be switching until late July/early August.  This week, I'd like Aaron to make some calls and actually talk with some representatives, as well as talk with our local agent at our current insurance.  After that, I'm going to call it complete for the month.

HEALTH - 90% Complete
Continue taking thyroid meds. - 87% complete.
Lose 5 pounds by completing eight Six-Week Slim Down courses. - 92% complete.
Dentist appointment. - 0% complete.
Some notes: Taking the dentist appointment off again.  I know this is the second month I've pushed it back. I just can't see me calling around this week when I'm trying to prep for moving Charli in.  Also, I still haven't lost anymore weight.  I could go on a long rant, but the short of it is that I'm doing everything right and it's not coming off.  Stupid hypothyroidism.  I don't know if I'm going to lose anything more honestly.

HOME - 87% Complete
Clear out the upstairs closet. - 100% complete.
Clear out the den. - 100% complete.
Organize the kitchen cabinets. - 60% complete.
Some notes:   I finally lit a fire under Aaron and he sorted his stuff and moved some boxes.  I admittedly caved and did some of the work myself before he came home Friday.  Sometimes I just get tired of things not getting done.

Addendum: Cleaning out the upstairs closed involves: Sorting all items, taking empty boxes to the garage and putting other items in their place.
Cleaning out the den involves: Cleaning out the den bookshelf, removing all donation boxes from the corner and finding a suitable place for them.
Organizing the kitchen cabinets involves: Cleaning out the food cupboards and fridge of expired or useless food, cleaning out the pots and pans by removing damaged items, cleaning out the dishes cabinets by removing damaged or useless items, and clearing all drawers of trash and other useless items and finding a place for items that don't belong in the kitchen.

KNOWLEDGE - 90% Complete
Continue taking thyroid meds. - 87% complete.
Continue taking supplements. - 87% complete.
Continue daily mental exercises. - 87% complete.
Read one book. - 100% complete.
Some notes: Nothing to report here.

PERSONAL - 93% Complete
Continue taking thyroid meds. - 87% complete.
Meditate three times in April. - 100% complete.
Draw one illustration for myself. - 100% complete.
Lose 5 pounds by completing eight Six-Week Slim Down courses. - 92% complete.
Adhere to my planner schedule. - 87% complete.

RELATIONSHIP - 100% Complete
Do one date night. - 100% complete.
Some notes: We watched a movie together.  It wasn't exactly a normal date night - it was on his laptop while eating dinner - but it was the best we could cram in this month.

SPIRITUAL - 100% Complete
Meditate three times in April. - 100% complete.
Volunteer for the local pet shelter once this month. - 100% complete.
Meet with my mentee four times this month. - 0% complete.
Some notes: Everything's complete here.

---




Check List for May
  1. Triple up on May's home cleaning chore so I can move Charli in at the end of the month. - Almost done!
  2. Sort out May's home cleaning chores into weekly goals.
  3. Be 162 by the end of May  - 162.6.  Very close, but it's just not budging any further.
  4. Dentist appointment during May - I may not be able to attend the appointment, but I can at least make it.  Not happening.
  5. Switch or reduce insurance during May - We're not going to switch until our insurance comes due, but we've at least got a start on the process.
  6. Select a new book to read.
  7. Decide on a date night this month.
  8. Volunteer once this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment