Sunday, May 12, 2013

So I Updated my Goals Sidebar...

Holy crap, what am I doing to myself?  I am a workaholic!  So much crazy.

To give you an idea of what you should be seeing on the right-hand side, this year is roughly 33% over.  Home through Spiritual aligns with that.  I'm right on target there.

But Career through Health... I just... I don't even.

Look at that number - 61% for Career.  That's almost double where I should be.  And Financial's not too far behind at 45%.  Why am I pushing myself so hard when I'm so far ahead?  And Health... poor Health.  It's suffering at a mere 25%.

It's nothing that I didn't already know: I've been sacrificing exercise and diet to produce.  I guess I just didn't realize how much until now.  Out of all of that, I found out that I've made 53% of my target income for the year.  While that sounds spectacular, the fact that I haven't lost weight in two months is the result.

To be fair, I haven't worked since the 1st.  I'm probably going to go ahead and take the upcoming week off as well.  I need some time.  It's one thing to be invested in your job.  It's another thing to live and breathe it 24/7.  That's what I've been doing.  At this point, the only way to keep myself from bending over backwards to overshoot those numbers is to sabotage my chances.  I don't want to think that there's any way possible to get even 100%.  Then I'll just do what I can.  And that's enough at this point.

Taking time off right now is a great idea too, since I've been diving head-first into my exercise and diet regimen.  I hit the elliptical yesterday and pumped out 500 calories there.  And, while I didn't exercise today, I did walk all over four different stores with my mom.  I didn't log it, but I'm sure it registered some calories.  I've also been keeping with a steady diet and logging with MyFitnessPal.com.  Great site by-the-by for keeping track of your calories.  I've went through a lot of online food loggers and MFP has, by far, the largest food database.  Just about anything you could possibly eat has been added at one point or another.  And, if not, you can always add it yourself, though I've maybe only had to do that two or three times during my year's worth of logging.

I also have to give my mom credit.  She had a knee replacement surgery in early December 2012.  The doctors told her at that time that she needed to lose weight, particularly for the health of the replacement knee.  My mom went from weighing 320 lbs to 243 (weigh-in today!).  That's 77 pounds and she's still working it off!  Super proud, Mom.  Keep up the good work!

If my mom can lose 77 lbs+ with a gimp knee, I can work this last 20-something off, surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment