Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May: Week 2 Check-In


I feel like this month's just started, yet it's half over.  I guess that's how taking time off feels?  If my numbers are a little low, forgive me.  I've been running my rear off at the park... or doing calisthenics or using an elliptical.  You know, relaxing.


MAY 2013 GOALS
Month is currently 45% over.
Overall: 33% complete.

CAREER - 51% Complete
Hit target number of monthly illustrations. - 50% complete.
Number illustrations completed - 0% complete.
Make target income for the month. - 55% complete.
Draw one illustration for myself. - 100% complete.
Some notes: I'm starting work again tomorrow.  I went ahead and sent out e-mails tonight and got some responses, so some of my income is starting to be met.  I halved my target income and number of illustrations for the month because I took two weeks off.

FINANCIAL - 33% Complete
Make target income for the month. - 55% complete.
Keep budget. - 45% complete.
Switch/Reduce Car Insurance - 0% complete.
Some notes: I don't know where Aaron's at on switching insurance.  I'll need to check in with him on that tomorrow.  In the end, that will probably be a 0% or 100% thing.

HEALTH - 39% Complete
Continue taking thyroid meds. - 45% complete.
Lose 5 pounds by completing eight Six-Week Slim Down courses. - 72% complete.
Dentist appointment. - 0% complete.
Some notes: The Six-Week Slim Down course has been freaking amazing.  Already down 3.6 pounds since the beginning of last week!  Had some issues with my scale.  In the end it needed new batteries.  Technically, it says I'm down over 4 pounds, but I'm counting it a little differently knowing that the scale was part of the problem.

HOME - 33% Complete
Clear out the upstairs closet. - 50% complete.
Clear out the den. - 50% complete.
Organize the kitchen cabinets. - 0% complete.
Some notes:   Aaron and I cleared unwanted books from our bookshelf in the den and I donated about half of my jewelry.  Now I just need to grab the donation boxes and some miscellaneous things and move it elsewhere to call the den officially clean and sorted.  Upstairs, I pulled everything out of the closet and sorted it.  A lot of it was empty boxes Aaron and I are storing for our move.  They can be put in the garage for now. I asked Aaron to do the moving, but I might do it.  If nothing else, running up and down two flights of stairs should be a calorie burner.

Addendum: Cleaning out the upstairs closed involves: Sorting all items, taking empty boxes to the garage and putting other items in their place.
Cleaning out the den involves: Cleaning out the den bookshelf, removing all donation boxes from the corner and finding a suitable place for them.
Organizing the kitchen cabinets involves: Cleaning out the food cupboards and fridge of expired or useless food, cleaning out the pots and pans by removing damaged items, cleaning out the dishes cabinets by removing damaged or useless items, and clearing all drawers of trash and other useless items and finding a place for items that don't belong in the kitchen.

KNOWLEDGE - 34% Complete
Continue taking thyroid meds. - 45% complete.
Continue taking supplements. - 45% complete.
Continue daily mental exercises. - 45% complete.
Read one book. - 0% complete.
Some notes: I have selected a book.  I just haven't gotten around to it quite yet.

PERSONAL - 59% Complete
Continue taking thyroid meds. - 45% complete.
Meditate three times in April. - 33% complete.
Draw one illustration for myself. - 100% complete.
Lose 5 pounds by completing eight Six-Week Slim Down courses. - 72% complete.
Adhere to my planner schedule. - 45% complete.

RELATIONSHIP - 0% Complete
Do one date night. - 0% complete.
Some notes: We need to plan this still. ... Still.

SPIRITUAL - 11% Complete
Meditate three times in April. - 33% complete.
Volunteer for the local pet shelter once this month. - 0% complete.
Meet with my mentee four times this month. - 0% complete.
Some notes: My mentee cancelled last week on the first day we were supposed to meet.  As far as I'm aware, we're supposed to meet this upcoming Wednesday.  Also, I confirmed for volunteering this upcoming Saturday, so that's a go.

---




Check List for May
  1. Triple up on May's home cleaning chore so I can move Charli in at the end of the month.
  2. Sort out May's home cleaning chores into weekly goals.
  3. Be 162 by the end of May :(
  4. Dentist appointment during May.
  5. Switch or reduce insurance during May.
  6. Select a new book to read.
  7. Decide on a date night this month.
  8. Volunteer once this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment