Thursday, April 4, 2013

Final March Check-In



This... will be painful.

MARCH 2013 GOALS
Month is currently 100% over.
Overall: 95% complete.

CAREER - 116% Complete! Kickin' rear and takin' names!
Hit target number of monthly illustrations. - 130% complete.
Number illustrations completed - 130% complete.
Make target income for the month. - 158% complete.
Draw one illustration for myself. - 100% complete.
Complete February's illustration. - 75% complete.
Get MDartist.com functional again. - 100% complete.

The Good: Do I ever have anything bad to add about work?  I'm always ahead of the curb (can we say workaholic?).

The Struggles: I didn't struggle with free time as much as I did in February, but it was definitely an issue.  I can't seem to cut back on commissions though.  All I ever remember is how 2012 turned out, and a good 90% of our troubles were of the financial variety.  I feel like, if nothing else, should I stay on top of this we can avoid disaster.

--------

FINANCIAL - 100% Complete!  Not too shabby for March.
Make target income for the month. - 100% complete.
Complete taxes. - 100% complete.
Reconfigure budget. - 100% complete.
Keep budget. - 100% complete.

The Good: We did pretty well sticking to the budget this month.  Redoing it definitely helped.

The Struggles:  We did go a little over in terms of groceries.  That has to be scaled back this month.  A little more self-control, a little less "Well, I just don't have time." excuses.

--------

HEALTH - 67% Complete
Continue taking thyroid meds. - 100% complete.
Lose 3 pounds by doing a short daily exercise routine when I wake up. - (Negative) -33% complete.
Yearly doctor's appointment during the last week of March. - 100% complete.
Eye appointment in the middle of March. - 100% complete.

The Good: I got a lot of appointments out of the way, and my doctor reaffirmed why I chose that place despite the office mishaps.

The Struggles:  I've had my pity party. I'm done there.  We're not going to rehash it.

--------

HOME - 100% Complete
Organize the office closet. - 100% complete.

The Good: Boy does the closet look so much better.  I wouldn't be embarrassed of a stranger opening it now.

The Struggles:  Nothing really to struggle with.  I suppose I wish we could have downsized it a bit more, but in the end, it's all good.

--------

KNOWLEDGE - 100% Complete
Continue taking thyroid meds. - 100% complete.
Continue taking supplements. - 100% complete.
Continue daily mental exercises. - 100% complete.
Read one book. - 100% complete.
Complete January's book. - 100% complete.

The Good:
Awesome book completed.

The Struggles:  Nothing bad to report.  Everything went well on this front this month!

--------

PERSONAL - 80% Complete
Continue taking thyroid meds. - 100% complete.
Meditate twice in March. - 100% complete.
Draw one illustration for myself. - 100% complete.
Lose 3 pounds by doing a short daily exercise routine when I wake up. - 0% complete.
Adhere to my planner schedule. - 100% complete.

No notes here, as most of these come from other sections.

--------

RELATIONSHIP - 100% Complete
Do one date night. - 100% complete.

The Good: 
Our wine and cheese night was a complete success, and something I'd very much like to do again should my diet allow it.

The Struggles:  Nothing bad here either!

--------

SPIRITUAL - 100% Complete
Meditate twice in March. - 100% complete.
Volunteer for the local pet shelter twice this month. - 100% complete.

The Good: I'm well on top of meditating this month, for the first time!  And volunteering has been a blast.  I'm so glad to finally be giving something back.  It creates some balance, you know?

The Struggles:  I need to meditate more.  I'm going to try to schedule three sessions next month, but if I don't hit it again, I'm going back to two.

--------



OVER ALL FOR MARCH: 95% Complete.

Biggest success so far? Again, I am a badass when it comes to my job.  It concerns me though that my biggest success for every month so far has been my job.  Not going to lie.

What I need to work on the most? Weight loss. Again, that pity party has sailed.  We're not going there again.

What I'm the most worried about? Weight loss.  Like I said above, not talking about it.

What am I the least worried about? Date night.  Aaron and I already have an idea for this month - camping so we can see the stars! I'm super excited.

--------


Check List for April
  1. Finish February's personal illustration.
  2. Sketch out thumbnails for my personal illustrations.
  3. Sit down with Aaron tonight and review our savings so I can update the sidebar on overall progress.
  4. Double up on April's home cleaning chore now that we may be moving sooner.
  5. Sort out April's home cleaning chores into weekly goals.
  6. Be 161 by the end of April.
  7. Dentist appointment during April.
  8. Select a new book to read.
  9. Go camping.
  10. Volunteer once next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment