Sunday, January 6, 2013

2012 Relationship Goals: Date Night Ideas



For relationships, I'm actually really happy.  Despite losing a multitude of friends last year, I actually made a remarkable set of friends from acquaintances.  They are the same girls that come over twice a week for Girls' Night (read: Exercise Night).  We definitely have more in common than I could have ever imagined and I hang out with them pretty often.  As for my marriage, my husband was my high school sweetheart.  We've been together nine years, married four, and still going strong.  But, in the bustle of last year between my parents and everything that went wrong, we ended up spending less time together than I would have liked.  So, when I was making my goal list, I leaned over my chair to the man sitting across from me and asked, "Hey, what are some date night ideas you'd like?"  After a small 20 minute discussion, here's our list of ideas:
  • Movie Night In
  • Ice Cream Day
  • Stargazing
  • Weekend Camping Trip
  • Weekend Trip to Hannibal, MO - I went here in high school and loved it!
  • Improv
  • Alamo Movie
  • Royals Game - We try to make one game a year, but we typically go with his parents.  Not this year!
  • Worlds of Fun - They have a new dinosaur attraction.  I also love their Halloweekends.
  • Expensive Restaurant
  • Chateau Avalon for our Anniversary - This is where we stayed on our wedding night.
  • One repeat date night.
For January, we're choosing the movie night since it's the easiest to plan and the least expensive.  A lot of the other date nights will need to be saved for.  I mentioned to my husband that I'd take a look at our budget and plan for them, but he insisted he wanted to use his monthly spending money to cover date nights.  So problem solved there!


Tomorrow on The Progressive Planner: My 2013 spiritual goals.

What's one thing you could do this year to improve your relationship with your significant other, friends and/or family?

No comments:

Post a Comment