Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Doctor's Companion


So this is the product my drawing for myself this month.  I like to have covers that I personally design, particularly because I do a lot of networking on Facebook. Almost all of them have involved my pets in some way.  At one point, I was Dorothy and my dog was Toto from the Wizard of Oz.  My cats were flying around in the background from the tornado.  It was simple but I loved it.


At one point, my pets were out to get me because I had the food bag.


And when Nyx passed away, I even did a memorial cover picture.


The truth is, though, that I feel like I kind of wasted my one drawing this month.  I'd like to do something more portfolio-worthy than Facebook covers with my pets.  I really need to sit down and come up with a series of images I can work on over the next 12 months that I would be proud to display on my website.


Something elaborate yet in my style.  Something that focuses on my strengths and can really add to my current body of work.

It's going to take more thought than just a single post.  That being said, I'd like to hear from you guys!

Any suggestions on a series of 10 illustrations you'd like to see from me?

2 comments:

  1. Because you're doing a series of 10 illustrations...your own spin on the 10 commandments? 10 minute drawings? Top 10 something...illustrated songs, other favorites, peeves? Maybe you can illustrate the month as if you were drawing for a calendar? Zodiac signs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a load of great ideas! I'll definitely look into those. Thank you!

      Delete